User:  guest [login]

Flush Bracket OSBM 1990: Pitchcott, Church   

Flush Bracket on E. end of St. Giles' Church, Pitchcott [2GL]; St. Giles Church, Pitchcott, E face, 0.7m from SE angle.

Location
Grid reference: SP 7754 2041.
Landranger 165: Aylesbury & Leighton Buzzard, Thame & Berkhamstead.
Explorer 192: Buckingham & Milton Keynes.
Structure: Church / Chapel.
Waypoint: FB1990.

Neighbouring Flush Brackets
1989 Oving, Forge Cottage 828.07m to the northeast.
1991 Blackgrove Farm 1.37km to the southwest.
1988 Oving 1.69km to the northeast.
1987 North Marston, 41 High Street 2.29km to the north.
1992 Waddesdon Manor Railway Station 3.02km to the southwest.
The nearest fundamental bench mark is Great Linford, 23.17km to the north.

Second Geodetic Levelling, England & Wales (1912-21)
This flush bracket was used during the Second geodetic levelling, England & Wales, and was levelled with a height of 479.6390 feet [146.1940 metres] above mean sea level (Newlyn datum). It was included on the Great Linford to Wallingford levelling line. The surveyor's description was Flush Bracket on E. end of St. Giles' Church, Pitchcott.

Logged Visits
Visited on 13th September 2007 by RHW. Grid reference: SP 7755 2042. Condition: Good.
Just S of middle.of E gable of ex church In shrubs in garden, now private house
If you have any corrections or additions to this record, please let us know.
admin@bench-marks.org.uk