User:  guest [login]

Flush Bracket OSBM 12101: Kingledores   

Kingledoors [sic] Lodge, E side of A701 road, N face, 0.2m from NW angle.

Location
Grid reference: NT 1090 2822.
Landranger 72: Upper Clyde Valley, Biggar & Lanark.
Explorer 336: Biggar & Broughton.
Structure: Private house.
Waypoint: F12101.

Neighbouring Flush Brackets
S8166 Tweedsmuir 4.00km to the south.
12102 Mossfennan 4.02km to the north.
G542 Rachan Mill 6.23km to the north.
G543 Drumelzier 6.55km to the northeast.
G541 Broughton, Primary School 7.91km to the north.
The nearest fundamental bench mark is Thankerton, 16.51km to the northwest.

Logged Visits
Visited on 21st June 2016 by clochandighter. Condition: Good.
Revisit. Courtesy ring of doorbell first, owner happy for photography and interested to learn imperial height value (737.46Ft). Also confirmed that this building was first occupied in 1999 after the old derelict cottage was demolished. The builder who did this this work had made a point of being meticulous with the flush bracket, and emplaced it in the new house exactly at its original position.

Visited on 22nd September 2014 by wrose. Grid reference: NT 10910 28228. Condition: Good.
Nothing really to add to previous visit reports other than to confirm that it is still there and in excellent condition.
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/4260020

Visited on 17th September 2011 by Calico. Condition: Good.
No change. Just inside gate to parking area.

Visited on 28th August 2006 by iainmac. Grid reference: NT 1091 2822. Condition: Good.
The old cottage has been harled but the fb has been left clear.
Photo at https://www.flickr.com/photos/31914013@N05/28436363821/in/dateposted-public/

Visited on 14th November 2004 by RHW. Grid reference: NT 109 282. Condition: Good.
A701- cottage. Derelict cottage on east side of A701, FB to front of north gable.

Visited on 30th July 1993 by clochandighter. Condition: Good.
BM 224.78m. FB was affixed to a derelict cottage on the east side of the A701 when originally found and photographed in 1993. The FB was on the north gable of the cottage. The LHS photos taken from the south show major earthwork underway at the time. A modern bungalow now occupies this site, but the flush bracket survives on the new building. Photographed as old building 30/07/1993, GRP.
Montage: https://www.flickr.com/photos/13460108@N06/24070671712/in/album-72157662598339800/
If you have any corrections or additions to this record, please let us know.
admin@bench-marks.org.uk